9 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
What I Did
1. Into large bowl, put chocolate chips, powered sugar, and begin to measure peanut butter.
2. Realize you’ve already fucked this up.
3. Scream about how this is not fixable.
4. Do best to scoop chocolate chips out of powdered sugar.
5. Dump that out and hope you have enough to start over.
6. Start over.
7. Into large bowl, mix margarine, chocolate chips, and peanut butter.
8. Microwave for one minute.
9. Ask, “Why does it look like this?”
10. Microwave some more.
11. Exclaim, “Who’s going to marry me?!!”
12. Pour out excess liquid from mixture into sink. Ask, “Was I supposed to do that?”
13. Measure 8 cups of Chex mix.
14. Say, “I mean Chex. Why do I keep calling it Chex-mix??”
15. Measure 8 cups of chex.
16. Spill Chex everywhere.
17. Ask, “Why is this so hard?”
18. Pour Chex into zip lock bag.
19. Pour mixture of sweet stuff into zip lock bag.
20. Pour powdered sugar into zip lock bag.
21. Close bag.
22. Shake bag.
23. Say, “It’s so clumpy!”
24. Eat some.
25. Put zip lock bag in freezer.
26. Clean up.
27. Eat some.
28. Ask brother to drive you to super market.
29. Buy MnM cookies for Dermatology Clinic pot-luck.
30. Go home.
31. Eat some more Muddy Buddies.
32. Clean up.
33. Don’t cry.
34. Eat an MnM cookie.
35. Go to sleep frustrated and annoyed.
EXCEPT! After all this, my office LOVED my Muddy Buddies and they didn’t poison anyone! Horay!